Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kicking and Screaming


No, it's not the kids this time. It's me. I haven't gone running in over a week. And, at this point, it's beginning to feel like it might take a mini army to strap on the sports bra, running shoes, and motivation to get out there again. What happened? Oh yeah, I forgot...I hate running. Make that, I hate exercising. Make that, I love being a sloth.

I was feeling better about it several weeks ago, but then something happened. A lot of "somethings" happened, actually. Here's the latest and greatest in my Oh-I-Just-Can't-Today Excuse List (arms crossed, lower lip protruding).

1. The toddler is teething.
2. I just ate.
3. I'm on a work deadline.
4. My stomach hurts.
5. It's too hot out.
6. It's too cold out.
7. Travis' achilles hurts.
8. I can't find my sports bra.
9. My sports bra is in the laundry.
10. My legs are too short.

Today is the day, though. I will file my stories by early afternoon, my sports bra is clean, pressed and waiting for me on my bed, it is neither too hot nor too cold, and miracle of miracles -- I'll go for a run on my own.

We'll see how short my legs are by 3 p.m.

In the meantime, check out Juice Box Jungle's latest on The Real Soccer Mom: Exercise or Shmexercise. Austria's comment about heading to the gym to check out people with worse bodies than her own is priceless.

More parenting videos on JuiceBoxJungle

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Your doing better than me! I used to run 4 miles per day and now the only time these legs break into a sprint is when I'm chasing my 18 month old!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but it would take an animal with large teeth and possibly rabies to get me to run. I am embracing the pleasantly plump physique I currently have developed.

taraneh said...

"I hate running. Make that, I hate exercising. Make that, I love being a sloth."

i couldn't have said it better myself. i'd rather be shopping. or eating smores. or doing dishes. or wiping butts. anything, but running. you definitely deserve a hefty reward after the iron girl!!

Furious Mom said...

Hi,
I have given you an award on my blog, go check it out!

Lisa Samples said...

Thanks for the great news! You rock!!

StepMilMom said...

Ha - I'm a runner who hates running too. I just about died laughing when I read your excuse list - I've used about half of them in the last month alone!!

The Natural Horse Vet said...

Go with the flow.. it's all about the little ones now.. ..
Why have more stress trying to find the time to go to the gym etc..
Your bodies have been thru enough,things will get back in place..for the genetic fortunate s..
Life goes by so quickly..