Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Next Annie Leibovitz?



As many of you who have preschoolers may have already experienced, we have a budding photographer on our hands. I meant to post this for Wordless Wednesday, but I've been inundated with deadlines, packing for the beach, and breaking up preschooler/toddler brawls, which, incidentally, seem to be taking on a life of their own. More on that later...

It is eye-opening to look at my daughter's pictures and realize, man, the kid doesn't know what the eff is going on. Now that M can express her opinions (argue), verbalize her needs (demand), and tell us when she's not happy (whine), it's easy to forget that she is only four. The simple fact is this, though: She's little. You'd think this wouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp seeing as I still wipe her ass every morning. But, it is easy to lose track in the midst of the often-frustrating daily life with a preschooler.

Pictures tell the truth, though. M sees the world and life from an upwards angle, partially cut off, really big, really close up...and often extremely fuzzy. Or, as in the case of the unfortunate picture of her mother above...completely horrifying. Someday those pictures will be focused, centered, and (adult) level, but for now, every time I get annoyed with how "big" everything seems to M, I'm going to try and remember these pictures.















4 comments:

MoodyMommy said...

I have 2000 pictures of my left eye...My kids love to steal the camera!!! It is fun to see what they see...

Juli said...

Our boy (also 4) has his own digital camera (because I hate sharing MY camera). You need a screwdriver to get the memory card out of it, so we don't actually download photos very often. But we still have hundreds of photos like these too. Very funny post! I'm finding age 4 very frustrating. I thought it was supposed to get easier as they get older? Thanks for your blog.

Momisodes said...

I loved this. I never thought of it that way. My daughter makes a BIG stink about everything, too. Perhaps I should also give her my camera.

I'd love an excuse to buy a new one :)

Daisy said...

My daughter started out like this. She's now 22 and looking at a career in photography! I enjoyed age four; but remember, I'm looking back through the filter of selective memory.